Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Packing for Adventure in Bulgaria

Greetings and salutations....
I love Charlotte's Web...

This is my first post about my Trip to Bulgaria.

WOW... Still can't fathom the realization on how fast this entire trip has come about. Yet Wednesday afternoon I will board a plane and begin the first leg of my journey to this country that is nestled between Turkey, The Black Sea, Greece and Romania.

God has provided the opportunity , the ways and means to allow me to go and a gracious host family that is willing to board me. Bulgaria is not the normal tourist destination. I guess it's a good thing I am not going as a "tourist".

I have had school all week with several major projects due. It has been really tough to complete everything... in fact I hate to say it but I am not quite finished yet. I have two more papers to write and I am unsure that I will get to them before it is time to leave the house.

To think that someone would actually have a need for my talents and for us to connect... Can we say "it's a God thing?" I think so.

Let me explain... It started by my commenting on a picture. I loved the setting and said I wish I was there. Before the day was out I was asked to think about coming that my talent for taking pictures and shooting video could be used.

Now please understand I am a Senior at RSU and I am taking 5 classes this semester. Three at RSU and 2 at TCC. (ask me to explain later... it is a long story) I would have to miss 3 possibly 4 classes and I like to consider myself a good student and I don't like getting dinged on my grades.

So I said...
If and only if I can get all five of my professors to give me a green light and not have consequences on my grades would be the first hurdle. That was completed within 36 hours.

See someone's hand at work here?

Then I had to have my kids be ok with me going. Mainly Josh. Josh and I have never been away from each other for more than 4 days. Josh after thinking about it for a few days was actually excited about me going. ????

who changed his heart?

There has been so much to accomplish yet at every turn everything has been done swiftly.

Absolutely amazing.

I will be doing my level best to get posts out every other day. I hope you find it interesting. I will post pictures of the area as I get time.

Pray for me that I will be successful in my assignment.

No comments: